Form in HTML used to collect information and input from the user, such as contact details like name, phone numbers, email address.
We make the form in HTML using
<form> Here we are... </form>
Any form in HTML contains elements called form elements.
These elements are different and have various purposes, we have a text field, submit button, password field, radio button, checkbox and A lot more.
The most important form element is
<input>element, and the type of it depends on the type attribute.
Here is a small example of login form:
<form> <label>Username: <input type="text"></label> <br> <label>Password: <input type="password"></label> <br> <input type="submit" value="Submit"> </form>
On the other hand, We have form attributes.
- name: It defines the name of the form.
- action: It defines the URL of the program or script on the webserver that will be used for processing the information submitted via the form.
- method: It defines the HTTP method used for sending the data to the web server by the browser. The value can be either
get(the default) or
- get: Is used to request data from a specified resource and is's one of the most common HTTP methods.
- post: Is used to send data to a server to create/update a resource.
Here is an Example contain some of the attributes.
<form name="form1" action="actionWebPage.php" method="get"> First name: <input type="text" name="name1"> <br> Last name: <input type="text" name="name2"> <br> <input type="submit" value="Submit"> </form>